Friday, December 08, 2006

Etemp Reading, Humorous and Prose Overview.

Etemp Reading, Humorous and Prose Overview.

Hi friends, I don't have a complete list of who are in these categories yet, but you know and that's what's important.

Ways to reach me:
Cell phone 507-649-0763, I would definitely appreciate if you call me when you can't make it to practice, it's a LONG drive from Northfield.
Email nelsonkl@stolaf.edu, which I usually check obsessively.
My AIM screenname is kayteleigh1017, I'm usually always online with an away message, just leave a note if you need something.
I am also on facebook, so if you want to friend me and leave me messages there, I check that more than I check my email... which means I must be overly obsessive about facebook.

Practices:
I want you to do well, so I expect you to be at practices. The handbook says you only need to have one practice a week, but who really thinks that the bare minimum is good enough? I potentially would like to meet with each and every one of you at LEAST two times a week, preferably three. I'm finished with classes next semester at 3pm, which means I can potentially be in Lakeville by 3:30, so we will most likely have practices in the early evening.

Other things:
Please, please, please, PLEASE check your email. I most likely won't send out a lot of things. When I do, they WILL be important.

Humor and Prose people:
When we meet the first time next week I want you to have 2 or 3 scripts that you are thinking about using as pieces.

Extemp Readers:
I don't know if you have your books yet, if you do, I want you to have read through the stories that you will be competing on.

After/during break:
I want the Humor and Prose students to have their pieces (potentially) cut, yes, we will be doing revisions. You also need to have an intro written out. If you're ambitious and want to start rehearsing things, that's fantastic.
Readers, I want you to have a pretty good grasp on each story and a general intro written for each one.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you either Monday or Tuesday.

No comments: