Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Extemp and Oratory Overview

Welcome to Extemp Speaking and Original Oratory!

Here are my lists of who I think is in each of these events this year:

Extemp Speaking:
Mike Berger, Abbie Gudmundson, Christian Keil, Julie Schmidt, Hannah Ames, Carissa VanSlooten, Melissa Sweere, Kailey Benson

Original Oratory:
Lizzie Schwegman, Andrew Lau, Emily Julik, Dan Bungert, Amanda Esades, Simon Skluzacek, Abbie Barrett

Various things to know:

1. Best way to reach me is by phone at 651.387.8305; email to charrier@gmail.com or my AIM screename is andycharrier

2. We'll practice in the early evening and not always at Lakeville South. I also coach the debate team at both schools, so you will have to be flexible about time and location. Extempers may also file after school -- Abbie and Hannah are the taskmasters in that regard.

3. Everybody in OO will double-enter in something else. Double-entering is a good way to stay active and we'll just plan to have you do it right from the very start of the season. My first choice is that you double in either Informative or Great Speeches. Extempers will double in Impromptu whenever possible.

4. Check your email once a day during the season. It's the main way I'll send info to you.

Practice between now and break -- once we get closer to the start of the season, you probably see me at least twice a week:

Thursday, December 14th
Extemp only @ 5:00 in South IMC

Thursday, December 21st
Extemp and Oratory @ 5:00 in South IMC

5. Oratory people who are returning, you need to tell me your topic ASAP and then come to practice on the 21st with the research you've done so far.

No comments: