Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Practice, etc.

A lot of complaints have come in about lack of practice time. I know this is in part due to scheduling conflicts with your individual coaches. However, it is important that you communicate, check the website, and know that you must accomodate and be flexible at times as well.

Since auditions in November, we have gone from having 65 members on this team to 45. This is due to a variety of reasons, I'm sure, but it really saddens me as your head coach. Please know that I don't want to lose any more of you. And those of you who are devoted and spirited make me smile just thinking about you.

Today and Thursday I will be holding open practices for ANY person in ANY category who would like some help. Tuesday will be from 3:30-5:00, and Thursday will be from 3:00-5:00. (If no one is here by 4:30, I won't hang around, so don't come at 4:55 and be mad that I'm gone :-))

This team is important to me, and I know it's important to many of you as well. We have just come off of a VERY successful tournament that couldn't have happened without all of your help and support. Be assured, every team that left here on Saturday was impressed with the Lakeville South Speech Team---that's you.

Please feel free to stop by ANY time to talk with me about your concerns, no matter what they're about. I want being a part of South Speech to be nothing but a positive experience for every last one of you, and I will go out of my way to ensure that is true.

Go Cougars!

No comments: